Thursday, July 10, 2014

Day 12: 4th of July

Woke up same time as yesterday and went down to breakfast a bit earlier. Better seat this time. Same bus seats as yesterday, it was rainy and cool this morning. We stopped in the Doagh (?) Valley where a group of 300 villagers died in a storm coming home from seeking famine assistance. It was absolutely beautiful there. I was really glad we had a good misty day.

We had about a 2 hour drive to Galway from there, but we really didn't sleep. It was just too beautiful; it was like something out of a dream. I slept a little bit as we were getting closer to the town. When I woke up we were in Galway. It was the CUTEST little Irish town! We took a walking tour, then breaked for lunch (delicious sandwiches). At that point we only had about 30 minutes left to walk around and it started raining. We all went back to the bus together, then Dakota, Sarah Smith and I grabbed our stuff and said goodbye to everyone and Martin and made our way up to the hostel. The people there were super nice and the place was surprisingly nice for a hostel. We went to the station to get our bus tickets sorted out for the next day, then went back to shop street and split up. I enjoyed being able to souvenir shop on my own for a few hours and took lots of pictures of the cute town.

-Cut off here; gotta shower, finish packing, and sleep for Paris tomorrow. Night xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment