On time for class this morning (yay!). It's very easy, I hope it gets harder. After lunch we all went to meet Martin in front of Trinity to explore the medieval section of the city and see the remaining evidence of the Viking presence in the city. It was an extremely long walk, but a nice quieter section of the city. We saw the ancient wall that used to circle the city, had a short tour through St Audeon's Church, and ended at Dublin Castle, where the Black Lake (after which Dublin is named) used to be.
A group of about 8 then hit up the nearby Queen of Tarts pastry shop (not worth the 2 euro), then Lidl (very crowded at this time), before Dakota, Margaux, and I broke off for Penney's to find something to wear out (I wasn't very impressed with it).
Everyone went out tonight. Most people went to the club, but Laura took Sarah Masser, McBurney, Erin, Taylor, and I to her favorite bar Cassidy's in the city. It was extremely crowded, but fun atmosphere. All the walls were covered in stickers or Sharpie writing. We moved on from there after maybe an hour and a half to around Temple Bar to a small bar called The Garage with extremely loud music and a fun girl from Brazil who danced and took pictures with us. We ran into Emily and Foster here, who accompanied us to our final bar, Turk's Head: very nicely decorated with colorful glass and stone and a live reggae band that kept trying to get us girls to dance.
Left there after about 2 hours and hit up McDonald's before cramming the 8 of us into a van with a very nice cabbie of whom we asked a lot of questions. I have about 20 euro in coins right now because I payed him and took everyone else's cash. It was about 2:30 when we got home. Oops again! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment