Woke up around 10 today and got ready to leave to meet Katy and Blake, Ali and Jonathan's Chi Alpha friends who live here in Dublin. This was my first time taking the bus into the city by myself, and I was a teensy bit nervous. I ended up getting off the bus a lot earlier than I needed to (first stop on O'Connell street, not first stop after O'Connell bridge), but I had my map with me and was able to reason out how far I needed to walk and found Katy no problem. She was so sweet and reminded me of Ali immediately!
We walked to church and she told me that it was the same church where Oscar Wilde was baptized and that John Wesley had once spoke there. They took me to lunch at a nearby hotel after church which was super nice of them. I figured out how to get to Croke Park from there and walked to the stadium (I was pretty proud of myself for not getting lost haha). Found Erin and Sara McBurney and watched the 1 hour Gaelic football game. I liked it a lot, it's like a vamped up version of soccer but you can use your hands like in basketball and the movements are more like American football. Lots of families, everyone in blue, lots of cheering, and Dublin won the game!
Came home, made dinner (avocado sandwhich!) and will be chilling for the rest of the night, catching up with people over Facebook and maybe trying to watch some Irish tv online. Much better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment